PARISH HALL EXPANSION AND RENOVATION
To raise money for the project, a Capital Stewardship Program entitled, "RESTORING REBUILDING RENEWING" was initiated on the First Sunday in May of 2014.
A Groundbreaking Ceremony for the project was held Sunday, June 14, 2015. Watch the above video.
Work on the expansion and renovation project officially began Monday, July 6, 2015.
A Service of Dedication was held at a Joyous Advent Banquet on Sunday, December 4, 2016.
A look back . . .
Click on the Video Icon below to view our Capital Appeal Video.
From Beginning to End
Highlights of the Design
- The east half the building (40’x 80’) was removed and replaced with a steel structure, 60’x 80’. The new addition will added 2,211 sq. ft (approximately 1/3 more space). 5,458 sq. ft or 83% of the building is new construction.
- The main room is approximately 3,000 sq. ft. and seats 200 people at tables. A ceiling height of 17 feet allows for indoor play activities.
- A smaller meeting room was created to accommodate 50 people.
- The kitchen, mechanical room, food pantry area and storage space were reconfigured in such as way as to increase size and functionality of the kitchen and food pantry.
- The entrance was moved slightly to the west and a new lobby area was created.
- The hallway that leads to the classrooms was closed and a new storage room was created. Access to the hallway is now through the lobby.
- The project included a new roof and energy efficient windows.
Sketch of the Project